Version history for the Series Engine plugin
Version 2.8.5 is a fresh update that removes the 255 character limit for podcast descriptions and adds some UI updates in the backend throughout the plugin.
Version 2.8.4 is a healthy update that adds Russian language support, more Dutch Bible translations, fixes for some Divi module bugs, and a revised plugin updater for finnicky servers.
Version 184.108.40.206 is a very small bug fix update that addresses a tiny error when saving some messages for users that are already running PHP 7.4.
Version 220.127.116.11 is a small bug fix update that restores the datepicker after WordPress 5.5 and the ability to select the proper primary series for a message.
Version 2.8.3 is a small update that adds compatibility with the new version of jQuery found in WordPress 5.5.
Version 2.8.2 is a small update that adds two French Bible translations by user request, and makes some minor tweaks to scripture formatting when scripture links are added.
Version 2.8.1 is a hefty update that includes a number of behind-the-scenes improvements:
- We've restored the ability to scroll the viewport in Safari when content is loaded (which recent releases of Safari had broken).
- Facebook embedded media will no longer generate junk code when a message is saved (in certain circumstances).
- We've added 4 Czech Bible translations (from a user request).
Please note: If you have caching enabled on your site, you may want to refresh your pages after this update as it references different JS files than older versions.
Version 2.8 is a fun update designed specifically for users of the Elementor page builder. That's right... Series Engine now integrates directly with Elementor through a simple drag-and-drop widget!
Instead of using shortcodes in Elementor, you can now drag a Series Engine widget anywhere on the page and customize all features within the widget, all without ever having to touch a shortcode!
This release also includes fixes that address minor bugs where slashes were occasionally visible in text throughout the plugin.
Version 18.104.22.168 is a new release that adds Japanese language support (woohoo!), fixes broken Twitter sharing links, shows download links even when related messages are hidden, and addresses a rendering bug when embeds from two different providers were used on the same message.
Version 22.214.171.124 is a bug fix release that addresses timezone issues in WordPress 5.3 (without having to use the toggle in settings), and should address an issue with blank permalink pages in some themes.
Version 126.96.36.199 is a small update that adds support for the CEB bible translation, the ability to manually override the language tag in podcast feeds, and a few small stylesheet improvements.
Version 188.8.131.52 is a small bug fix update that improves the validation of podcast feeds using one of the recently added language translations.
Version 184.108.40.206 is a small bug fix update that improves the reliability of imports from the Church Content Plugin.
Version 2.7.9 is a great feature update that adds a few commonly asked for features and big fixes:
- We've added a one-click importer for previous Church Content Plugin/Church.ly users. It takes about 3 seconds to move your content over, and you can read up on the super easy process here: Migrate from the Church Content Plugin
- We've fixed an issue where users migrating from Sermon Manager might encounter blank Sermon Note links in their lists of messages.
- Tired of having to enter embed codes into Series Engine? If you use YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook, you can now just paste a video URL into Series Engine, and our plugin will automatically generate an embed code for you. High five!
- We've fixed an issue where extra spacing was sometimes added to the top and bottom of video embeds.
- We've added the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Bible translation to the plugin.
More fun updates are on the way!
Version 2.7.8 is a small update that adds a full Dutch front-end translation and three additional German Bible translations for scripture references. It also includes a bug fix for doubled labels in some Series Archives views, and a small bug fix for the Divi module when modifying the display style of related messages.
Version 2.7.7 is a small tweak release that adds a toggle to turn off Series Engine's instance of Font Awesome (if needed by devs). It also fixes a small bug where the Divi module wouldn't allow users to adjust the display of related messages.
Version 2.7.6 is a language update that adds a Chinese (Traditional) front-end translation and an additional Chinese Bible translation.
Version 2.7.4 is a small enhancement update that adds the following features:
- Series Engine now includes a front-end translation and scripture support for Chinese (simplified) users :-) Traditional support is coming soon.
- We've enhanced compatibility with hosts that use non-standard WordPress installs. If you've experienced trouble with JS loading on a non-standard install, this will fix it!
Version 2.7.3 is a minor release that adds further internationalization support for dates throughout the plugin, improved date formatting in podcast feeds, and more accurate scripture references for German users.
Version 2.7.1 is a small update that adds some tweaks and bug fixes:
- Series Engine now includes a front-end translation and scripture support for Turkish users :-)
- We addressed a minor bug in podcast feeds for some users that would show incorrect dates for episodes.
- We've confirmed compatibility with WordPress 5.0.
- If you're diving headfirst into Gutenberg, Series Engine's shortcodes work great with Gutenberg's built-in Shortcode block!
Check back soon for some big updates and new features.
Version 2.7 is a big update that adds more customization options and several meaningful tweaks and bug fixes:
- Series Engine now supports multiple languages! This was a long time coming. Series Engine now supports English, German, and Spanish front-end translations out of the box, with official support for more languages coming soon. If you'd like official support for your language, reach out through the form on the questions page of our website :-)
- All front-end labels and text strings are now easily editable! Whether you want to manually change labels for a language that we don't officially support yet, or you just want to easily adjust the phrases and wording used throughout the plugin, it's now effortless to make these adjustments in the "Labels and Language" section of the Series Engine settings panel.
- We've added support for a handful of new Bible translations, including German and Spanish options.
- You can now toggle WordPress permalinks for each Message off in the Permalinks control panel in Series Engine settings. This is useful if you want to use the old URL parameter-based sharing links instead.
- Podcast feeds will now limit description fields to 255 characters, fixing a feed validation issue that popped up for some users with long descriptions.
- We fixed an issue where some server configurations would choke when trying to support .CSV Series Engine archives.
- We fixed an issue where shortcodes that had sharing and detail options hidden would sometimes show up again as a user browsed.
- General UI and bug fixes throughout the plugin, especially within podcast feeds.
Hope you enjoy this big update! There's much more coming down the pipeline soon.
Version 2.6.1 is a fun little update designed especially for users of the Divi Theme. That's right... Series Engine now integrates directly with Divi Builder and Visual Builder through a simple drag-and-drop module!
Instead of using shortcodes in Divi, you can now drag a Series Engine module anywhere on the page, customize all features within the module and see your changes right away, all without ever having to touch a shortcode!
Check out the video guides on our site to see it in action. It's never been easier to share your sermons with Divi!
Version 2.6 is a small update that adds more customization options and a few bug fixes:
- You can now elect to hide the sharing buttons when you generate a shortcode.
- You can now elect to hide the Series info below the player when you generate a shortcode.
- You can now elect to hide the Download Audio link when you generate a shortcode
- We fixed a number of styling issues related to specific theme quirks.
- We fixed a bug where database errors would appear on permalink pages for Messages that weren't associated with Series.
- Series Engine is now fully compatible with PHP 7.
Enjoy the update!
Version 2.5.7 is a small bug fix release that addresses an issue where imported Messages from the Sermon Browser plugin were occasionally missing the full URL for media files.
Version 2.5.6 is a small update that addresses an issue where files/attachments wouldn't save user-edited reordering. It also makes minor adjustments to a few instructions in the plugin, and adds support for the Afrikaans 1983 Bible translation for scripture references (by user request).
Version 2.5.5 is a feature and bug fix release that adds some great new features and squishes some pesky bugs:
- Full Beaver Builder Integration! Series Engine's shortcodes already work great with page builders, but if you're a Beaver Builder user, you can now use the Series Engine module instead of a shortcode. Simply drag and drop the new "Series Engine" module from the Media section of the modules menu, adjust your options, and watch Series Engine automatically add powerful sermon archives to any Beaver Builder page. It's awesome! This feature is currently in Beta, but it should already work great, so feel free to begin using it to your heart's content.
- The "Share Link" button under a Message's share options now automatically copies the link to the user's clipboard (instead of requiring them to highlight and paste the link's text). It's a much nicer experience.
- We fixed a bug where the audio player rendered past the media player's box boundary in WP 4.9.
- We fixed an issue where the audio and video player in WP 4.9 wouldn't pull in duration info until the play button was pressed.
Enjoy the update, and have a happy Thanksgiving!
Version 2.5.2 addresses an issue where WordPress media library windows wouldn't open after the 2.5.1 update.
Version 2.5.1 is a routine bug fix release that addresses a number of small, but annoying issues:
- Small style adjustments for enhanced theme compatibility.
- A style tweak to address transparency in the new Vimeo embed codes.
- Several bug fixes to adding/editing/and deleting scripture references and file attachments.
- Fixed a jQuery browser detection bug.
- Improved reliability of Sermon Manager and Sermon Browser imports.
- Addressed a small bug where bulk uploaded Messages didn't correctly pull in Series thumbnails.
- Added a link in the User Guide to our new video guide library!
More fun is on the horizon!
Version 2.5 is a big feature release focusing on a few key areas:
- New player area UI! Our new, modern player UI completely reworks the media buttons, message details, file attachments, and sharing options located below each message. We've replaced the tabs with big beautiful buttons, and removed the "Details" and "Share" toggles in favor of having all of that important content visbile all of the time. Also, audio downloads have been moved to the details area and should be much more visible. We think you'll absolutely love it, but if not, you can easily toggle back to the old tab layout in Settings > Series Engine.
- Font Awesome everywhere! Along with the UI revamp, you'll see beautiful new icons throughout the interface courtesty of the excellent Font Awesome framework.
- File links/attachments now have icons! If you've attached links or downloads to your messages before, you'll notice that beautiful icons are now automatically added for pdfs, docs, xls, powerpoint, audio files, video files, links, and more. It looks really great, and requires no extra work on your end.
- Fixed audio player style issues. With the move to the new UI, Series Engine no longer tries to impose its own styles on the audio element. If you previously experienced issues with the audio player and your theme before with Series Engine, you shouldn't have any issues going forward.
- More control over podcasts! If you don't want series info included in your podcast feed titles, you can remove that with a new toggle in the message's "Podcast Details" settings.
- More control over permalinks! If you don't want the "Message:" prefix or "by Speaker Name" added to permalink titles, you can remove those individually with new toggles in the message's "Advanced Settings" section.
- Custom fonts! Want to use a custom font throughout Series Engine? You can now specify one in Settings > Series Engine > Fonts and Colors.
- Permalinks in the Series Engine dashboard! As you're adding and editing messages in Series Engine, you'll now see direct permalink links beside each message title in the Series Engine dashboard.
- Lots of bug fixes and interface tweaks.
As there are many interface tweaks and changes in this release, you'll want to clear your browser history/cache after updating to make sure you're seeing all of the great new features. More fun updates are on the horizon!
Version 2.2.4 is a bug fix release that addresses install and update issues for WordPress multisite users.
Version 2.2.3 is a small bug fix release that addresses an issue where OG tags could cause Series Engine content to render in the header during certain conditions.
Version 2.2.2 is a small bug fix release that fixes issues with quotes throughout the interface, addresses some issues with image uploads, and adds a toggle for disabling OG tags (if they're already being generated by your theme code or another plugin).
Version 2.2.1 is a small feature update that automatically pushes open graph tags to Series Engine permalink pages for social sharing. Long story short, the appropriate text and images should now be pulled in automatically when a Message is shared.
Version 2.2 is a feature and bug fix update with a few key focus areas:
- Prettier permalinks! Series Engine now automatically generates beautiful share links for each message. No more ugly share links full of URL parameters! Series Engine uses the "messages" slug by default, but you can easily change this in Settings > Series Engine > Advanced.
- Integration with site search! Series Engine's new permalinks also integrate natively with WordPress's built-in search functions, meaning your Messages are now easily discoverable when users search your site.
- Search Engine Optimization! Those beautifully discoverable permalinks means your Series Engine archives are now fully search engine indexable, giving your Messages a huge SEO boost.
- You can now edit a Message's permalink slug and turn comments on and off when editing the Message in the "Advanced Settings" tab.
- Share links for social networks will now pull in details for individual Messages.
- You can now include scripture references in the Bulk Upload tool.
- We fixed an issue where content with duplicate titles wouldn't show up in various plugin views.
- Changing labels in the Settings menu is no longer limited by character length.
- You can now easily hide the Series Engine branding on the front end of you site in Settings.
WordPress can be kind of funny with permalinks when you add a new slug, so after you update, head over to Settings > Permalinks and click save at the bottom of the page (you don't need to make any changes unless you want to). You'll also want to run the one-click permalink updater in Series Engine > Import and Export to get permalinks generated for all of your existing Messages.
If you have more questions about permalinks, check out a detailed walkthrough of how they work in Series Engine > User Guide. We hope you enjoy this update!
Version 2.1.2 is a small bug fix release that addresses missing Series titles when viewing Messages in the admin panel, an issue generating Series archives embed codes with custom Related Messages views, and an issue where the "Speaker" filter menu on the Messages admin page wouldn't load.
Version 2.1 is a feature and bug fix update with a few key focus areas:
- Speed, speed, and more speed! All of Series Engine's magic happens because of its custom database structure, and we've completely reoptimized it to make your page loads up to 10x faster (not an exaggeration). Your visitors will notice a HUGE difference in snappiness as they navigate your sermon archives.
- Speaking of magic, Series Engine now tracks view counts of Vimeo embed plays along with your other audio and video files. That's the most common type of embedded video used with the plugin, so for many of you, that means your Series Engine stats just became a lot more useful.
- Fixed a bug where Messages didn't paginate properly when viewing them according to Bible book.
- Fixed a bug where some titles with apostrophes in them wouldn't show up on various edit screens.
- Fixed a few small bugs when changing colors and labels in the settings screen.
Version 2.0.5 is a small feature update, hot on the heels of our 2.0 release. Here's what was changed:
- You can now import from Sermon Manager! If you're looking to make the switch to Series Engine, you can now take all of your sermons with you in a matter of seconds. Learn more here.
- Improved Sermon Browser import: That plugin stores its media data in a peculiar fashion, so we've improved the reliability of what gets imported.
- Improved date formatting: Series Engine will now change the display dates throughout the plugin to match the date format set in your WordPress install's General Settings.
- We fixed a small visual bug with the audio player where certain elements of the player wouldn't be displayed if the Audio tab was hidden on the first page load.
Version 2.0 is here, and its the biggest release in the history of the plugin. Let's get straight to the new features:
- Built for speed: We've rebuilt a huge portion of the plugin behind-the-scenes, and you should see a noticable improvement in page loads and general zippiness.
- Robust scripture support: You can now attach an unlimited number of scripture passages to each message, which will automatically link to bible.com in a variety of translations of your choosing. You can even search for your messages by book of the bible in a new search dropdown menu. (Turn this on in Settings > Series Engine to use it. Some of you renamed the topics feature and used it for scripture previously, so this doesn't turn on by default for upgraders.)
- A new look for related message lists: The related message lists that appear below the current message now have two gorgeous new styles available... grid view and row view. These new views look amazing, show off your sermon graphics, do a better job using the screen real estate, and can even feature a download/link and scripture information for the message.
- View counts for messages: When you visit the messages screen in the WordPress dashboard, you'll now see view counts beside your messages. Series Engine now tracks web plays of audio, and self-hosted video files.
- New embed options: When you generate a shortcode, you can now hide individual search dropdowns from the explorer (something at the top of many of your wishlists), and can choose to embed with one of the new views for related messages.
- Images in podcasts: Another big wishlist item for many of you, you can now specify podcast images in series and message settings that will show up for individual items in your podcasts. This is big news for many of you that also use those feeds to populate your apps.
- Featured links/downloads: When adding or editing a file for a message, you can now mark it as a featured download to be displayed in the related messages lists (this will only show up in the new grid or row views).
- Set a max embed width: Most of you really dig the new fully responsive desktop view, but if Series Engine was displaying too large for your tastes, you can now set a max-width in Settings > Series Engine.
- Countless bug fixes: We found all sorts of tiny little bugs while crafting this update, and we squished them all.
- One more thing... You can now import from Sermon Browser. Thousands of folks used this popular plugin for years, and we've added one-click importing of that plugin's content into Series Engine for folks looking to make the switch. It takes less than 10 seconds, and it's awesome. More support for importing from other plugins is coming soon!
If you're upgrading from a previous version, be sure to stop by the Import and Export page and follow the instructions at the bottom for some one-click data cleanup that will prepare your data to take advantage of all of the new features. Also, it never hurts to clear your browser's cache.
We hope you love v2.0!
Version 1.9.6 is a small bug fix release that modifies the stylesheet to adjust row heights in image-based series archives.
Version 1.9.5 is an exciting feature release that adds two of our most requested features (and a few other small things):
- Bulk uploads are now supported! You can now populate your Series Engine library with hundreds of messages in a matter of seconds with a simple .CSV file. Check out the extensive user guide here.
- Full import and export functionality has been added to the plugin, making it trivial to export Series Engine content from one site and import it to another. The whole process takes about 15 seconds. Get the rundown here.
- We've also added the ability to export and import Series Engine styles and settings between sites. This is especially great for customers who want to experiment with a new look on a staging site before moving it to production. You'll find these options on the new "Import and Export" page with the other migration options.
- The User Guide has been updated with more information on all of these powerful new features.
- The plugin should feel a bit more zippy; we've significantly reduced the page load in a few key areas.
Version 1.9 is a big release that's jam-packed with changes and features:
- Every view of Series Engine is now 100% responsive! No need to mess with "embed widths" for the large/desktop view. Series Engine will now expand and contract to fit the space on large screens (just like it already did on mobile views).
- The smallest mobile view has been enhanced with a new look that displays even more information in the "additional messages" section of the media browser.
- A responsive "large mode" view has been added, increasing the size of fonts and other elements when viewing Series Engine on a large screen.
- Video embed codes have been restyled to keep the correct proportions in every responsive view. No more stretched thumbnails or letterboxing!
- The image-based series archives now feature fully responsive styling, taking the guess work out of properly configuring this (very popular) view.
- Speaking of those achives, you can now remove the text from them as well (if you want to use nothing but images). Change this setting in Settings > Series Engine > Advanced.
- Don't like the responsive breakpoints? You can now edit when mobile and large view sizes kick in under Settings > Series Engine > Advanced.
- You can now style the color of the audio progress bar in Settings > Series Engine.
- You can now redirect podcast feeds directly from Series Engine. Simply edit a podcast and provide a redirect URL to send your subscribers over to the new feed. This will be a big deal for many of you!
- Series Engine now uses the WordPress native version of MediaElement, which should address some theme compatibility issues that have been reported recently (mostly from ShareFaith customers).
- Many legacy toggles and options have been removed from the settings (most because they're no longer needed or obscelete because of the new responsive styles).
- New sizing for Series Images and Archive Images have been added in Settings > Series Engine (due to the large responsive views).
- Additions to the User Guide, and minor bug fixes.
Version 1.8.6 is another big update with some really great improvements and features:
- You can now use self-hosted video files! This is a common request for folks who didn't already use an outside service like YouTube or Vimeo. Simply provide the full URL to the video file when you add or edit a message, and you're good to go.
- The color of the audio player/download button is now customizable in Settings > Series Engine.
- The audio player is now fully responsive (whether the page is reloaded or not).
- Additions to the User Guide, and minor bug fixes.
Version 1.8.5 is a big update that includes several frequently requested improvements:
- You can now embed and view ALL Messages, regardless of Series! Woooooooo! No more workarounds, or having to add every message to a special Series and embedding that. This view is availabe through all custom embed codes in the Browse Series dropdown menu, and you can embed it directly by generating a new custom embed code. Enjoy... a lot of work went into this one.
- Podcasts now link to the Link URL you specify in the podcast's settings, instead of randomly linking to the feed URL.
- A minor PHP 7 warning has been fixed.
- A bug that caused the Series Archives pagination to break in some circumstances has been addressed.
- A few more tips and common questions have been added to the Troubleshooting section of the User Guide.
Get excited! More big updates are on their way in the coming months :-)
Version 1.8.4 is a feature update that includes three frequently requested tweaks to the plugin (yay!):
- The speaker name is now included in the related messages list (on the tablet/desktop view). As you add and update your Messages, you'll begin to see the speaker names populated there.
- Topics are now alphabetized! If you prefer manually sorting them the old way, you can toggle that in Settings > Series Engine.
- You can now specify for Extras links to be opened in the same window or in a new window.
More fun changes and additions are on the horizon!
Version 1.8.3 addresses some (mostly harmless) issues that popped up when saving settings in WP 4.7+.
Version 1.8.2 is a small bug fix release that adds explicit tags for some podcast feeds that were being rejected by iTunes.
Version 1.8.1 is a minor bug fix release that fixes some menu titles in WordPress 4.4 and fixes a style issue for some users who saw extra padding added to the right of their media players.
Version 1.8 is a major feature release that also includes a few bug fixes:
- Pagination for related messages and series archives (finally!). This is completely customizable through Series Engine's Setting page and the Custom Embed Code generator. Also, don't forget to go update the colors for the pagination buttons after install if you don't want them green like default.
- We've updated the plugin updater again. There should be no need to jump through hoops like before... just update and check for updates as usual on the WordPress standard Plugins page.
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.4 (just fixed a few minor style issues).
- For those running wp_debug(), I eliminated the random widget warning message. Be annoyed no more!
Version 1.7.2 is a small bug fix release that addresses visual glitches in the MediaElement audio player after an update to WordPress 4.1.
Version 1.7.1 is a small update that makes the following adjustments...
- Fixed the audio player volume slider pushing below the player in Chrome.
- Updated to the latest version of MediaElement
- Improved forced audio downloads using the HTML 5 download attribute. (Should work reliably in Chrome and Firefox)
- Added additional troubleshooting instructions in the User Guide.
- Added the ability to style text on alternating rows in complimentary messages for users with dark backgrounds.
Version 1.7 is a sizable update that makes the following adjustments...
- The plugin is now fully responsive, with a beautiful new mobile view featuring all of the same content as the desktop view!
- Stylesheets are no longer dynamically generated, helping the plugin (and your site) load a LOT faster.
- The "Check for Updates" page has been tweaked, ensuring plugin updates delivered to you more promptly.
- A toggle has been added in settings for users experiencing errors when Series Engine tries to generate duration and file size info from files.
- AJAX loading now scrolls users to the top of media browser when loading new content.
- Multisite support enhanced.
- Bug fix where certain graphics wouldn't be saved when a Series is created.
- Removed the "Explore Other Messages" title above the dropdowns that nobody liked :-)
- New logo and brand added throughout the plugin.
- Full compatibility with WordPress 4.0.
Version 1.6 adds full support for retina class devices, and a cosmetic update on the backend for WordPress 3.8 users.
Version 1.5.5 is a bug fix release that addresses the following issues...
- A toggle to add compatibility with the Time.ly Plugin has been added in settings.
- A bug that caused Series Archive pages not to load new content when AJAX is disabled has been fixed.
- Video content should no longer show black bars on the top and bottom in mobile view.
- A new widget view has been added that shows the most recent message with a series graphic. This is a beta feature at this time.
Version 1.5.3 addresses a small issue where some users were unable to change Series images after the last update.
Version 1.5.2 is a bug fix release that addresses the following issues...
- Podcasts should now correctly adjust to timezones again; that was accidentally removed with a previous update.
- Widget and Series thumbnail graphics should now be correctly sized according to the values you set in Settings > Series Engine
- Removed some legacy code that was causing rendering issues for isolate users.
Version 1.5.1 is a bug fix release that addresses the following issues...
- The forced audio downloads from v1.5 are now disabled by default. You can turn it back on in Settings if you like, but some servers tended to choke on that functionality. Its an experimental feature for now.
- Some servers had difficulty displaying the play button in the refreshed audio player. This is corrected now.
- The sort order for recent series is now correct in the Series Engine widget.
Version 1.5 is a big feature release that includes several frequently requested enhancements and updates:
- Full support for the WordPress media gallery released with 3.5 (no more clunky thickbox... so much easier!)
- Series Archives now includes a view in Settings where Series can be browsed by image thumbnail (YAY!)
- Series widgets now include a Series thumbnail when extra details are enabled
- Series graphics are now visible on the Edit Series page
- The audio download button now forces the download of audio when clicked... no more "right click and save as" required!
- Enhanced compatiblity with WordPress 3.6
- ...and several minor bug fixes
Please note: Version 1.5 REQUIRES WordPress 3.5+.
Version 1.4 is a substantial update that includes several frequently requested enhancements and updates:
- Full compatiblity with WordPress 3.6
- Ability to customize labels and terminology throughout the plugin (rename "Speakers," "Topics," etc)
- Updated to the latest version of the MediaElement.js audio player
- You can now disable AJAX loading if needed
- If present, Message descriptions are shown on Podcasts instead of generic text (yay!)
- A more thourough troubleshooting section in the User Guide
- ...and many minor bug fixes
Update now before the next version of WordPress rolls out!
Version 220.127.116.11 is a bug fix release that addresses file/link attachment issues for a small number of users using servers with extreme security settings.
Version 18.104.22.168 is a bug fix release that provides better support for archive pages and is more friendly with Windows servers.
Version 1.3.4 is a bug fix/feature release that makes it much easier to get the latest version of the plugin. Look for the new "Check for Updates" item in the Series Engine menu!
Version 22.214.171.124 is a bug fix release that eliminates some harmless error messages for some users.
Version 126.96.36.199 is a minor bug fix release that enhances theme compatibility.
Version 1.3.3 is a bug fix release for some users experiencing issues with podcast feed validation due to timezone issues.
Version 188.8.131.52 is a bug fix release that fixes a few issues for those using custom embed codes among all Series Types.
Version 184.108.40.206 is a minor bug fix release that addresses (hopefully the last) of the "prepare" warnings in WordPress 3.5
Version 220.127.116.11 is a bug fix release that restores functionality for users using old versions of jQuery. It also addresses an issue where some user's Messages were improperly sorted.
Version 1.3.2 is a compatibility update that adds full support for WordPress 3.5 and jQuery 1.8+, along with some enhanced security.
Version 1.3.1 is a podcasting enchancement release that is recommended for all users. It eliminates several quirks, and adds compatiblity for an expanded array of file types.
Version 18.104.22.168 is a minor bug fix release.
Version 22.214.171.124 is a bug fix release that adds the theme compatibility fix back into the Settings menu for some users.
Version 126.96.36.199 is a compatibility release that addresses visual anomolies that some users have experienced alongside of the MediaElement Plugin. See the troubleshooting section of the User Guide for details.
Version 1.3 is a major feature release that includes support for WordPress Multisite! If you haven't enabled multisite yet, the plugin update will work fine for you if you ever do. If you're already using Series Engine on a multisite install (which probably wasn't pretty), it would be best to uninstall the plugin and reinstall with version 1.3 for a fresh start. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a fresh copy of the plugin.
Version 188.8.131.52 is a minor compatibility release that compensates for more poorly coded Themes.
Version 184.108.40.206 is a minor compatibility release that compensates for a few other poorly coded plugins.
Version 220.127.116.11 is a compatibility release that compensates for a few poorly coded themes.
Version 1.2.9 is a style compatibility release that adds increased support for IE 7 and fixes an issue where the share link box would be hidden behind some Flash content.
Version 1.2.8 is a bug fix release that fixes some minor issues with podcast links and podcast XML errors due to special characters in titles.
Version 1.2.7 is a bug fix release that allows automatic file data importing to gracefully fail on servers that don't support it (it gets rid of most of the strange error messages you may have seen when uploading an mp3 or video podcast file).
Version 1.2.6 is a bug fix release that addresses occasionally disappearing message tabs.
Version 1.2.5 improves on version 1.2 by adding a new "Extras" menu to your messages (if space allows) in the media browser. This makes your link and file downloads a lot more prominent!
Version 1.2 is a feature release that adds the ability to attach links/file downloads to a Message (woohoo!) and enables you to include HTML in Series and Message descriptions. (Two of our most requested features!)
Version 1.1.3 is feature tweak release that provides more control over message sorting and allows you to use the custom embed code generator to hide the initial default message from view.
Version 1.1.1 is a minor bug fix release that adds more theme compatibility and compensates for a few overzealous themes.
Version 1.1 is a major new feature release that adds several highly requested features to Series Engine...
- Series Engine now automatically generates file size and duration details for podcasting
- A new "Speakers" section has been added, allowing your visitors to browse by Speaker. You can now also generate media browsers, widgets and podcasts by Speaker as well!
- Lists of related messages can now be sorted by newest or oldest first using the custom embed code generator
- Messages with a date in the future will not be publicaly available until that date
- ...and several other tweaks/bug fixes
Be sure to check out your User Guide for detailed instructions on using the new Speakers section and the other great new features.
Version 1.0.2 includes small bug fixes for timezones, pagination and properly escaped characters.
Version 1.0.1 includes small bug fixes for issues that were not discovered in the beta.
Version 1.0 is the first public release. It contains small bug fixes from the beta, most notably enhancements to the podcast feeds.
Version 0.9.2 is the second beta update; it includes several small bug fixes, Standard Theme 3 compatibility and responsive CSS for the support of mobile theme templates!
Version 0.9.1 is the first beta update; it includes several small bug and stylesheet fixes, as well as a major widget update that provides more details about recent messages, series and topics.
Version 0.9 is the initial beta release.